Turmeric has been trusted for thousands of years to provide a whole range of health benefits — and to spice up a meal or drink with a kick of flavor! Scroll down to find a new way to fit this powerful ingredient into your diet with the uniquely tasty turmeric golden milk latte.
Turmeric is so potent due to a compound called curcumin, which is its main active ingredient. Curcumin has been shown to be an excellent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, a brain function booster, and a preventative measure against heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, and even depression!
But natural turmeric doesn’t always contain an optimal amount of curcumin. Only some of the curcumin supplied by turmeric is actually absorbed when it’s consumed as part of your diet, and besides, it’s not always easy to add turmeric to everything you eat and drink. That’s where our Turmeric Curcumin supplement comes in. We combine significant doses of curcumin-rich turmeric with BioPerine® (a black pepper fruit extract that helps the body absorb turmeric and curcumin) to give you all these health benefits as part of your daily routine.
- 1 C. Almond Milk
- Honey (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger (or 1 tsp. Fresh Grated Ginger)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (or 1/8 tsp. Ground Cinnamon)
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 Anise Star (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring almond milk to a simmer. Add about a 1 tsp. of honey, turmeric, ginger and cinnamon and whisk gently until combined.
- Let simmer, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Do not let come to a boil.
- Remove saucepan from heat and remove the cinnamon stick (if you used one). Add in vanilla and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Pour Turmeric Latte in a mug. Taste and add additional honey for sweetness. Add a sprinkle of nutmeg and an anise star on top and enjoy!